Well, our group has been focusing on our rotating DM-ship WFRP campaign, such that we probably won't be playing Polish Resistance again any time soon. As such, I've decided to post my notes from the game, to show how I run a sandbox and also in case anyone out there is looking to run a WWII CP2020-based game and is looking for material. So here they are:
These notes grew step-by-step over the 7 sessions, and whenever I had an idea, I added it. There's a lot more here than I ever used, but I guess that's the thing about world-building: once you get started, it's hard to stop! My New Tilia notes look similar, though a lot smaller.
Anyway, here are descriptions of the contents, sheet-by-sheet:
- Cities- my game map for this was in google maps, which doesn't have any clear boundary, so I made a list of the main locations of interest near the PCs. There are also a few other potentially interesting locations, in case the players got their hands on an airplane.
- Sandomierz- detail of the city of Sandomierz
- Room Generator- this was in case the characters explored the dungeon underneath the city.
- Organizations, NPCs- Lists of NPCs and their affiliations
- Oracles- a random event generator based on In a Wicked Age oracles.
- Missions- a random mission generator.
- Encounters- a random encounter generator.
- Goodies- a treasure generator.
- Hirelings- potential Allies and their stats.
- Combat Stats- Stats of various friends/foes.
- Equipment- Stats for WWII-era equipment
Anyway, that's the material I used to run the game, besides a few blog posts which never got copied to the spreadsheet. I guess I'm a little surprised that you don't see more game products in this sort of format.