- Dr. Gretta Von Flue- Parapsychologist and occult enthusiast
- Allen Challenger- Antiquarian and dealer in forged artifacts
- Xanathos- Drifter with a mysterious past
- Machmud- NPC guide
Wednesday, February 13th, 1925
The party finally met Faraz Najir at the El Hussein Mosque. They convinced him to take some Black Pharaoh art they found in the Penhew Foundation's basement in exchange for information. He shared some new insights with them:
- In 1919 he corresponded with Roger Carlyle about Black Pharaoh artifacts
- He sold Carlyle and Sir Aubrey Penhew some relics
- a scroll detailing the secret entrance to the Black Pharaoh's tomb via a hidden room in a pyramid
- a bust of the Black Pharaoh
- a small drum with mystic runes
a strange circlet with a large zircon- the crown of the Black Pharaoh and the key to his power over death
Sir Aubrey Penhew
- Unfortunately, these items turned out to have been stolen from Egyptian mogul Omar Shakti, himself a powerful cultist
- Faraz was burned and almost died when a demon destroyed his shop
- Faraz wears a protective amulet everywhere
- Together, he and Gretta helped them identify a relic that they stole from the Cult of the Bloody Tongue
- Metal Headband- protection from Night Gaunts
Suddenly, Faraz glanced outside the window- "I am undone! We are spied upon by that cultist Sorcerer!"
The Chase is On!
The party burst out the front of the mosque and gave chase. They managed to follow him to the site of Faraz's former store. They spotted the tail of a snake disappearing between two bricks in a wall.
The party searched the apartment:
- Two men are living here, one a westerner, one an Egyptian
- They guessed the 2nd occupant is their old nemesis, Edward Gavigan!
- They found a letter indicating that Gavigan is meeting with Shakti at his plantation at this very moment!
- Three hieroglyphic scrolls, apparently with magic spells
- Two magic sceptres used to increase magic points and protect from magic damage
- An ancient mirror with a strange powder and a vial of reddish syrup