|The Original d4
EquipmentYou will need a pile of 8-10 dreidels, and a writing implement/smartphone to track everyone's score.
WinningWhoever gets to 8 points first wins!
Your TurnTurns go around the table. On your turn, roll 3 dreidels like dice, representing the next 3 Greek warriors facing you!
- Gimel- you defeated your opponent, get 1 point
- Hey- you scored a hit on your opponent, get 1/2 point
- Nun- you and your opponent are still facing off
- Shin(or Pey)- your opponent scored a hit on you
If you survived your first turn, you must choose to either
- Tactical Retreat- write down the points you gained this turn, and pass to the next player
- Continue Fighting- leave the Gimels, Heys, Shins you rolled on the table. Pick up the Nuns you rolled and more dreidels from the pile for a total of 3 and roll again!
|The real Hannuka battle is one of willpower!
You can choose to keep pressing your luck and Continue Fighting until you win with 8 total points or you get two hits against you, in which case you lose any points scored this turn. My personal advice- quit while you're ahead! Remember, the real Maccabees won with Guerilla tactics!
Have a happy holiday and don't eat too many Sufganiot!