- Dr. Gretta Von Flue- Parapsychologist and occult enthusiast
- Allen Challenger- Antiquarian and dealer in forged artifacts
- Michael Hunt- 45 year old dilettante in search of diversions
- Helen Alexander- Archaeologist and author
- Machmud- street urchin, NPC guide
Machmud didn't show up in the morning. After a while the party gave up and decided to go it alone.
Regrouping at the hotel, the investigators reconnected with Mike. He managed to recruit Helen, a young Archaeologist seeking gainful employment. A discussion ensued over which lead to follow next:
- Omar Shakti- powerful plantation owner is somehow involved. Reputedly a danger man to cross
- Edward Gavigan- disgraced Penhew Foundation chairman and Black Pharaoh Cult Sorcerer. He is visiting Shakti, on what business, who knows?
- Clive Expedition, funded by the Penhew Foundation, is camped near Memphis. They discovered an unusual female mummy new Giza, but it scandalously and mysteriously disappeared
- Janwillen Vanheuvelen, a former Clive Expedition member, used to be a regular at the Turf Club but is now down on his luck, living somewhere in the Old City
They decided travel to visit the Clive Expedition. Mike gave Machmud a $10 bill for his troubles and told him to meet them in the morning.
The camp itself is quite well protected, with barbed wire fences and armed guards. Knowing that the expedition recently fired an archaeologist, the investigators talked their way in, saying that Helen is looking for a job.
Dr. Clive interviewed Helen. He wasn't terribly impressed, but he agreed to take her on as an assistant Archaeologist in an unpaid capacity. The rest of the party were invited to stay the night in camp.
The party took the time to meet the members of the Clive Expedition. They got some useful info from James and Agatha about the theft of Queen Nitocris and the stolen mummy. Marten and Johannes seem like characters to be careful of.
In the night, Alan, Mike, and Helen decided to search the camp for the mummy. In a store-tent they found a creepy, life-size granite statue of the Black Pharaoh. Mike created a diversion(and was kicked out of camp by Johannes and the guards) while the others buried the statue in the sand.
Friday, February 15th, 1925
In the morning, Dr. Clive attempted to fire Helen, but she persuaded him to keep her on. That said, it was made clear that the rest of the party were no longer welcome. They spent the morning snooping around the dig sites in the area...